Mashaba hails Majoro’s impact against Eagles

South Africa coach Shakes Mashaba admits he was impressed by Lehlohonolo Majoro’s form after the striker’s introduction against Nigeria led to the hosts’ equaliser on Sunday.

Coach Shakes Mashaba

Coach Shakes Mashaba

The Orlando Pirates forward had come under criticism following a below-par performance during the 3-1 win over Swaziland last week and found himself amongst the substitutes in Nelspruit at the weekend.

Speaking after the game, Mashaba said: “If you look at the kind of goals he (Majoro) scores for his team, classy goals, he finishes very well.

“When we brought him on (against Nigeria) we saw that our two strikers (Rantie and Sibusiso Vilakazi) didn’t have even one shot at goal.

“He made good runs, peeled off nicely from the defenders and also pulled them away from their positions. But I think at that time fatigue was starting to tell on our players and they couldn’t be sharper in supporting him.”

post from sitemap
SHARE

Frank Adeh

Hi. I’m a Web Developer and Graphics Designer, I enjoy blogging as part-time and I draw a lot when I’m free. Thanks for visiting my blog today and I hope you come back next time.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment