World Cup: Nigerian clubs get FIFA windfall

Three Nigerian sides that had players in the Super Eagles team that played at the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil have been handed a windfall by the World Football governing body.

Sunshine Stars, had the most players in the Super Eagles and they were paid N24.1m ($127,000). Warri Wolves were handed N22.8m ($120,000), while Gombe United earned N10.6m ($56,000).  The monies were paid to the Nigeria Football Federation who passed same on to the teams with every team all over the world that had a player at the tournament being handed cash by FIFA.  31 English clubs also received nearly N1.9b ($10m) in total benefits from the same tournament.

Chelsea are the biggest beneficiary receiving more than N228m ($1.2m), with Manchester United, Arsenal and Manchester City each receiving over N190m ($1m)

post from sitemap
SHARE

Frank Adeh

Hi. I’m a Web Developer and Graphics Designer, I enjoy blogging as part-time and I draw a lot when I’m free. Thanks for visiting my blog today and I hope you come back next time.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment